Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snow Goose Madness

So I was driving east on I-78 one early morning, heading to our Pennsylvania office, when I noticed something really mind-boggling in the air. It all started with just one bird:
IMG_4094

Then there were several:
IMG_3943

Then there was a hundred (start clicking on the pictures to take in the full scale):
IMG_3933

Then the whole sky exploded in snow geese:
IMG_3925

As they were all flying together, I thought that they must've spent the night together in the same place, and that it would be an awesome sight to see. So I traced it to a lake not far from the office (using the Internet - I did not chase the flying geese in the car, in case you were wondering). I got there early on another day, and was greeted by this:
IMG_4026

I looked down, and the air was thick with geese everywhere:
IMG_3998

And the further I pulled out my lens, the more the madness continued:
IMG_4005


The next two shots are when I visited the place again in the afternoon, to get some better light:
IMG_6229

IMG_6165


Finally, as I was standing there dumbstruck watching the snow geese, a deer was watching me from the sidelines:
IMG_6211





No comments:

Post a Comment