Friday, August 5, 2011

Twelve Significant Pictures in Any One Year

Grand Teton National Park by upsurge99
Grand Teton National Park, a photo by Oleg Gurvits on Flickr.
Hi everyone, and welcome to A Good Crop!

My name is Oleg. About a year ago, I became armed with a Canon DSLR camera and a decent set of lens. I've discovered that I like taking pictures, and that some of these pictures are interesting, unusual, and beautiful. I also know that many of my friends (hello there!) take really good shots, and I thought it would be a good idea to bring them all together in one place.

Send me your suggestions, any pictures that you've taken - either recently or long time ago - that are visually stimulating or depict interesting subjects. I also have a small collection by now that has a few good shots. Also, every picture usually has a story behind it, which is as interesting as the picture itself. Whenever we publish a picture, we will publish the story that goes with it as well.

In the spirit of Ansel Adams, we will be very selective. Any trip can generate hundreds of shots, but usually only a few, or maybe even just one - or sometimes none - that are capable of truly astounding viewers. To enforce the quality, we will publish just one picture every day. (I will always give full credit to the author, and link to their site if they have one.)

At the end of the year, we will collect the 12 pictures that got the most positive reviews and put them into a special gallery. I will make some prints of them available to those who are interested. I am sure each set will be considered a truly good crop!

No comments:

Post a Comment